– Thirteen people lost their lives and 38 others injured after the bus they were traveling in colided head on with a truck
– The accident is said to have happened at around 2:30am at Pala in Kisumu county
– Both the drivers of the bus and the Truck died in the accident
– The bus belonging to Eldoret Express was travelling from Kisumu towards Kericho when it collided with the truck
– The Kenya Red Cross is now appealing for blood
At least 13 people are feared dead after an Eldoret Express bus collided with a truck at Pala near Awasi trading centre in Kisumu County.
According to eyewitnesses, the crash is said to have occurred at about 11:30pm on Thursday, October 3, night when the bus was attempting to overtake a tractor.
Confirming the accident, Kisumu County Police Commander Benson Maweu said they had counted at least 13 bodies and 35 casualties by 2:30am Friday, October 4.
“The bus was travelling from Kisumu towards Kericho on the Kisumu-Nairobi Highway,” said Maweu.
“The driver tried to overtake a cane tractor and was involved in a head-on-collision with the trailer,” he added.
According to Nyanza regional police boss Vincent Makokha said of the 13 people who died, 12 were in the bus including a child. The other was the truck driver.
“The bodies of the deceased were taken to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital while survivors are also undergoing treatment at the facility,” Makokha said.
The bus was towed to Awasi police station.
Do you have an inspirational story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly.
72-year-old Grandmother from heaven I Tuko TV