Girl Talk By
An intimacy coach and former escort has revealed her telltale signs to look out for if you suspect your partner to be cheating.
Samantha X says her former line of work gave her experience with men who were married, engaged and even on their honeymoon – and learned exactly what to look out for.
She’s heard the excuses told to partners first hand but said it was “never my job to judge” the reasons people may be unfaithful to their other half.
“I would love to tell you that it’s only unhappy men that cheat, but it’s not,” she said. “Very happy coupled-up guys sometimes look elsewhere. Some like variety, some are opportunists, and some just can’t help it.”
Samantha complied her list of the top eight warning signs to look out for as reported by Body and Soul, but added the disclaimer that none of the behaviours mean someone is definitely cheating.
- Samantha said men have previously told her they overcompensate when they’ve been seeing someone else, giving flowers, trips away or gifts. A change in behaviour such as being overly nice or passionate is top of her list.
- Coming home with wet hair when it hasn’t been raining could indicate your partner showered elsewhere. If they run straight to the shower when they get home, she says you should be asking what they are so keen to wash off.
- Your other half suddenly choosing to stay up late and watch TV when you go to bed could be giving them an opportunity for late night texts or phone calls.
- Taking their phone everywhere with them, even when they go to have a shower, and leaving it face down constantly is a sign Samantha says she learned from experience.
- Sudden changes in your sex life, whether it’s died out or they suddenly become more passionate “with a few new moves” is reason to be a little suspicious.
- Picking fights at home, telling white lies, accusing you of cheating or accidentally calling you by another name.
- If they suddenly become righteous about other people who cheat. Samantha explained: “I’ll never forget the client who told me his wife and her friends were watching me on TV talking about escorting. He said he joined in and said ‘How terrible! I couldn’t imagine doing that’ and at the same time making a mental note to book an appointment with me.
- And finally, she says there’s nothing more reliable than your instinct. If you have an unusual feeling that your partner is cheating, there’s a good chance there’s something to it. She added: “Your gut doesn’t lie to you.”
Samantha previously appeared on a relationship podcast to warn that even being stuck in lockdown during the coronavirus crisis will not stop those determined to cheat.
It doesn’t matter how difficult it is, she said cheaters simply “make affairs happen” – even if it’s just 10 minutes on the way home.
Bad bachelor: How I moved out, moved on